Job opening at Parish of the Holy Eucharist
by Fr. Daniel Greenleaf
April 16, 2013
PARISH OF THE HOLY EUCHARIST
POSITION TITLE: Parish Catechetical Leader
REPORTS TO: Pastor, Fr. Daniel Greenleaf
DATE: April, 2013
FULL OR PART TIME: Full Time
FULL OR PART TIME: Full Time
DIRECT ALL COMMENTS AND RESUMES TO
FR. DANIEL GREENLEAF
266 Foreside Road
Falmouth, ME 04105
Position Summary: In coordination with the Pastor, the Director of Faith Formation develops, implements and directs sacramental preparation, catechesis, and all other faith formation programs for Parish of the Holy Eucharist.
- Collaborate with the Pastor to prioritize catechetical needs and develop a plan for meeting the parish’s responsibility for catechizing parishioners of all ages and all stages of development, always keeping in mind the policies as set forth by the Diocesan Office of Lifelong Faith Formation.
Develops goals, objectives and strategies for a comprehensive faith formation program that serves the following groups:
- Family, adult and young adult catechesis and formation
- Life Teen and Edge programs and youth programs,
- Pre-k to fifth grade faith formation classes,
- Sacramental preparation of children including Penance, Confirmation, and First Communion,
- Infant Baptism preparation,
- Marriage Preparation,
- Individuals and families participating in the RCIA and RCIC programs,
- Liturgy of the Word for Children,
- Returning Catholics,
- Parishioners with special needs through the Spred. program.
- Form a Parish Catechetical Board to seek advice and support from parishioners in the formation of parish programs.
- Maintain healthy working relationship with volunteer catechists, youth leaders, commission chairs, parents, and co-workers.
- Manage, train and supervise faith formation staff employees and evaluate their performance in a written format at least annually.
- Provide and/or conduct training sessions and organizational meetings for parish PCLs, Youth Ministers, RCIA, RCIC and Liturgy of the Word catechists and volunteers.
- Maintain the Think First Stay Safe and Protecting God’s Children programs in the parish.
- Complete all administrative paperwork and reports, including but not limited to: student registration, mailings, Web pages, church bulletin announcements, and Diocesan requirements.
- Develop and maintain an annual calendar of all faith formation activities.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of parishioners, eligible (potential) parishioners, and subsequent information on each registered person in all parish faith formation programs.
- Foster an evangelization commitment to reach out to those who are not part of the Faith Formation programs.
- Use all the contemporary means of communication with members of the parish, especially through the parish website, emails, parish newsletters, bulletins, video and audio presentations, computer programs, and all social communication and contemporary means of communicating with groups of people.
- Actively participate in the annual formulation of the budget for the areas of responsibility
- Participates in an annual performance review in the areas of responsibility.
- Evaluate all programs and revise plans as needed.
- Attend parish and staff meetings as needed or requested.
- A person of faith who continues to foster a deepening relationship with God.
- A practicing Roman Catholic who upholds the teachings of the Church, both publicly and privately, and participates in its sacramental life.
- Masters Degree in Religious Education or Bachelors with certification and/or experience in related fields.
- Experience with working with volunteers.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituents including children.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all office records which may be accessible to individual.
- Ability to use contemporary computer means for communication including but not limited to web pages, emails, video and audio files and machines and a commitment to keep up-to-date with new methods.
- Ability to key stroke 2-3 hours per day with reasonable breaks.
- Ability to sit for 2-3 hours per day with reasonable breaks.
- Ability to travel between locations.